Re: Experimental ARC implementation

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Experimental ARC implementation
Date: 2003-11-04 14:14:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan Wieck wrote:

>> I will follow up shortly with an approach that integrates Tom's delay
>> mechanism plus my first READ_BY_VACUUM hack into one combined experiement.
>
> Okay,
>
> the attached patch contains the 3 already discussed and one additional
> change.

Ooopsy

the B1/B2 queue length adjustment in that one was totally nonsense. This
one behaves much better.

I added a DEBUG1 elog every 10 seconds to monitor the cache hitrates and
cache size adjustments. It's pretty neat to watch how it responds to
running an OLTP kind of thing and then issue VACUUM and run big
reporting sequential suckers in parallel.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #

Attachment Content-Type Size
all_performance.v2.74.diff.gz application/x-gzip 13.8 KB