Re: Avoiding SIGPIPE (was Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL

From: Manfred Spraul <manfred(at)colorfullife(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Avoiding SIGPIPE (was Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-11-01 21:09:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>A bigger objection is that we couldn't get libssl to use it (AFAIK).
>The flag really needs to be settable on the socket (eg, via fcntl),
>not per-send.

It's a per-send flag, it's not possible to force it on with a fcntl :-(

What about an option to skip the sigaction calls for apps that can
handle SIGPIPE? I'm not sure if an option at connect time, or a flag
accessible through a function like PQsetnonblocking() is the better
approach.

Attached is a patch that adds a connstr option, but I don't like it.

--
Manfred

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch-sigpipe text/plain 4.2 KB