Re: pg_user

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_user
Date: 2003-10-30 21:30:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

rfc 1925 (see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1925.html ) states:

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead."

You can call it security if you like, but I call it trying to make a pig
fly.

If you don't want your users to know about each other then put them on
different clusters. Or if they need access to the same data then mediate
access via a middle layer at the server end instead of allowing direct
access to the database(s) - three layer models are very common for this
and other reasons.

cheers

andrew