Re: XRC Editting

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: XRC Editting
Date: 2003-10-15 15:51:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Mercredi 15 Octobre 2003 16:04, Dave Page a écrit :
>

>>We definately need something as there are at least 2 systems on which it
>>doesn't work well.
>>

>Three systems. See my screenshot under Debian here:
>http://snake.pgadmin.org/jean-michel/shot.png
>
>I contacted Raphaël who does not have the same problem.

Hi all,
I've just tried more testing, here is what is goin'on :
I have three different build environments, stable, testing and unstable.
These three build environments correspond to the three actual debian
distributions and are just chrooted environment with all packages up to
date regarding the debian release.

My display environment (another host), is something between stable and
testing one with X well configured and Gnome 2.2. I have no problem at
all on this host when using pga3 locally.

When I chroot to the "stable build env" and launch pgadmin3, it runs
well and I have no font problem but some messages in the background:
** (pgadmin3:9429): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Arial 10" falling
back to "Sans 10"

(Arial 10 is my actual default font for Gnome 2.2 desktop)

When I chroot to the "unstable build env" and launch pgadmin3, I have no
warning and it appears "differently"... It's more "basic" (less nice to
look at). If I go in "preferences" menu after setting fr_FR as the
locale for pgadmin, everything is ok but one word is cut in the last
line... As far as I understand, everything has changed in debian
unstable, fonts are managed in "pango" and I don't know anything about it.
I'll document myself and try to understand what's going on.

What I don't understand well is why fonts seem now managed by
applications (may be wx) and not by the X server itself.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information or more testing.

Regards,
Raphaël