Re: running postgres in a ramdisk

From: William Yu <wyu(at)talisys(dot)com>
To: Keith Keller <kkeller-sfpug(at)wombat(dot)san-francisco(dot)ca(dot)us>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: running postgres in a ramdisk
Date: 2003-10-15 15:17:46
Lists: sfpug

It's a hardwired limitation. I currently have an Opteron system with 8GB
of memory running 32-bit Redhat and the max tmpfs I can make is 4GB.

And from reading the below message, it's possible it might still have
the 4GB limit on a 64-bit OS.

http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/bymonth/2002.08/msg00099.html