About SET SEARCH_PATH

From: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: About SET SEARCH_PATH
Date: 2003-09-17 15:05:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

I'm thinking of introducing schemas within my databases.
Reading the doc I've found some stuff which does not
seem right. I'm referring to 7.3.4.

(1)
$PGSQLD/doc/html/functions-misc.html

The search path may be altered by a run-time setting.
The command to use is SET SEARCH_PATH 'schema'[,'schema']...

It should be
SET SEARCH_PATH TO schema[,schema]...

May be a link to
$PGSQLD/doc/html/ddl-schemas.html
should be used instead, it has it all right.

(2)
$PGSQLD/doc/html/sql-set.html

This page does not mention the SEARCH_PATH variable at all.
Is this intended?

Regards, Christoph