Re: For the start

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Darko Prenosil <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: For the start
Date: 2003-09-05 20:37:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Darko Prenosil wrote:

>------
> thread.c:70: conflicting types for `pqGetpwuid'
> ../../src/include/port.h:116: previous declaration of `pqGetpwuid'
>
>There was no such error before about two months when I tried it.
>If I recall correctly, Andreas was doing some patches on this matter
>recently ?

Hi Darko,

pqGetpwuid should not compile under win32 because of the WIN32 macro
(it's only used by libpq for SSL client certificates, and win32 libpq
won't support this at the moment), I'd be quite surprised if this macro
isn't defined for mingw because standard win32 headers would be affected
(I'd expect it at least in the makefile as -DWIN32 or so). Bruce
suggested there might arise problems with WIN32, if you got new findings
please let us know.

Regards,
Andreas