Service Wont Start

From: "Viner, Adrian" <adrian(dot)viner(at)glosfire(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Service Wont Start
Date: 2011-03-24 09:12:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

We have been using postgres8.4 with the postgis add on for a month. On
Monday we had to reboot the server that holds all the databases we use.
The server was down for ten minutes and when it was back up and running
the databases wouldn't open. We tried to connect back on, but got a
server doesn't listen error. Our IT department then went to start the
service again. It Started but half way through starting it stopped
again. And it now keeps doing that.

Would be grateful if you could help.

Kind regards

Ade Viner

Ade Viner
CAD/GIS Survey Technician
Operational Intelligence Team
Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service
Tri Service Emergency centre
Waterwells Drive
Quedgeley
Gloucester
GL2 2AX
01452 753396
adrian(dot)viner(at)glosfire(dot)gov(dot)uk

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet, using a service powered by MessageLabs. It is believed to be free from viruses but it is your responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks. Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service accepts no liability in connection therewith.

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.

SMOKE ALARMS SAVE LIVES

Go to http://www.glosfire.gov.uk for advice

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Only print this email if absolutely necessary