Re: Sort time

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sort time
Date: 2002-11-18 10:16:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
anoder important point of view forme:

As I know the size of sort_mem is given at the pg start
and is not shared.
Also I can use set sort_mem to xxx;
Can I dot set sort_mem to myvalue ; execute my query , set sort_mem to old_value; only
for querys that needet more sort memory?

If I can so will the new seted sort_mem be only for the opened connection or for connections?
Also will this dynamic sort_mem setting cause problems in pg?

regards,
iavn.