Re: one last patch - array lower and upper bound

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: one last patch - array lower and upper bound
Date: 2002-09-27 23:45:11
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The reason it wasn't applied is because it wasn't a fully packaged
> feature. It had the array changes needed, but there was no mechanism to
> install the show_group() function so I just saved it for later.

It's probably a good thing anyway. I think for 7.4 we should discuss, design,
and implement a collection of array functions (including these 2) in order to
make it easier to use arrays in PostgreSQL. Some functions should be moved
from contrib into the backend, and some need to be invented, as these two did.
Combined with PL/pgSQL returning sets, it would make arrays a much more
powerful and useful feature than they are today.

Joe