Fatal error

From: Jean-Denis Girard <jd-girard(at)esoft(dot)pf>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fatal error
Date: 2002-09-04 03:44:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

Last tuesday I upgraded a production DB from 7.1 to 7.2.
Everything seemed fine till saturday, nightly vacuum exited with:

Debut: Sat Aug 31 04:00:01 TAHT 2002
FATAL 2: open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0323 failed: No such file
or directory
before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost
Fin: Sat Aug 31 04:01:03 TAHT 2002
-*-*-*-
Debut: Sun Sep 1 04:00:00 TAHT 2002
FATAL 2: open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/027E failed: No such file
or directory
before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost
Fin: Sun Sep 1 04:00:32 TAHT 2002

The files actually do not exist.

After "truncating" (not "dropping") the offending table and reloading
it, the error disappeared.

This is a Linux system, with stock 2.4.18 kernel; no other problem on
the system (public web server).
/var/lib/pgsql is on its on Reiserfs partition, with plenty of room left.
Database is mainly accessed trough Perl-DBI + DBD-Pg-1.13.
No other component except Postgres and DBD-Pg were updated last week.

Don't know what to do and any help will be welcome. I can also provide
more specific information if needed.

--
Jean-Denis Girard

Essential Software - Ingénierie Informatique
Solutions Linux & Open Source en Polynésie française
http://www.esoft.pf/
Tél: (689) 50 82 89