Re: Patch for pt_BR (libpq) - part two

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Rijndael AES Cipher <sartre(at)alltv(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for pt_BR (libpq) - part two
Date: 2002-08-29 23:18:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Rijndael AES Cipher writes:
>
> > This file goes to src/interfaces/libpq and nls.mk must include an
> > extra pt_BR only. make maintainer-check also pointed a correct '82
> > translated messages'.
>
> Is there a strong reason not to simply use "pt"?

Although they're both Portuguese, the Bralisian version of the language
is apparently pretty different (and further diverging) so much so that
in some large Open Source projects they're pushing for their own
category.

Hence some parts of the Brasilian Portuguese community are now using
"br" instead of "pt".

Thought I'd point this out, Just In Case it's useful to consider.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --