Re: bytea on windows perl client

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: James Orr <james(at)lrgmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bytea on windows perl client
Date: 2002-07-17 17:06:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

James Orr wrote:
> OK, if I load the output into vi. The one from linux contains a
bunch > of control characters etc. The one from windows seems to be all
text
> like so
>
> \211PNG\015\012\000 and so on.

This is the escaped output form of bytea. It seems that on linux the
perl script is either using a binary cursor, or automagically unescaping
the output, while on windows it isn't. I'm not sure why that would
happen, but hopefully one of the perl gurus hanging around will chime in.

Joe