pg_dump and restore problem (7.0.? to 7.2)

From: Paul Warner <pwarner(at)dibinst(dot)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, dtsai(at)mit(dot)edu, ashrafi(at)mit(dot)edu
Subject: pg_dump and restore problem (7.0.? to 7.2)
Date: 2002-06-19 14:58:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello again,

I have some additional information that points to an
encoding problem. I pulled the COPY sql from the dump
file for the table that didn't get inserted properly
and tried to run just that section (with psql -f). I
got this error:

psql -f bibent_data.sql HRS
psql:bibent_data.sql:1: ERROR: copy: line 15, Invalid
UNICODE character sequence found (0xc876)
psql:bibent_data.sql:1: lost synchronization with
server, resetting connection

I'm running on FreeBSD 4.5. Is there a way I need to
recode the file before running it?

Thanks,
Paul Warner