Re: lo_import problem under Windows+BCB5

From: Andreas Kretzer <andi(at)kretzer-berlin(dot)de>
To: Postgres Interface List <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: lo_import problem under Windows+BCB5
Date: 2002-06-05 06:03:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Bistey Csaba wrote:

> I have a problem, i try to use libpq with Borland C++ Builder 5
> Standard, everything works fine, but when i try to import a large object
> with lo_import it import it, but when i lo_export it the result only the
> original binary file until the first EOF character.
>
> The backend is a Debian linux, with PostgreSql 7.2.1 .
> The frontend is Windows 2000/XP/9x, Borland C++ Builder, libpq.dll
> compiled with Visual C++.

I think there is no problem with your compiler nor with the backend!
I have the same probs under Tcl/Tk. I even tried to do read and write
the file with the standard Tcl/Tk file i/o-ops setting translation to binary
and disabled EOF-char explicitly. But with almost no success. It ended
up in some Unicode-trouble I guess :-( This is definetly a windows problem
because you can do lo_import/lo_export directly on the unix machine
(using psql) and it there works fine.

So what I finally did was using the backend lo_import / lo_export via
SQL language on a specific directory which was made available to the
windows clients via Samba.

Hope this helps
Andreas