Set Passsword for existing User

From: Andreas Hierling <A(dot)Hierling(at)netcafe-konstanz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Set Passsword for existing User
Date: 2002-02-17 15:18:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I know, this should work with "ALTER USER...", But when I set the
password this way, i´m still able to gain unrestricted access without a
password. When setting a Password by creating the user, there´s no such
problem. I´m working with PostgreSQL 7.1 on a SuSE 7.1 Linux. Hope
anyone knows this Problem or is able to tell me what i have done wrong.
I intend to use Postgresql in a commercial productive Environment, but
without ability to change user passwords, i must refuse. But i certainly
don´t want to use that fucking MySQL Shit..............

Greetings,

Andy

Attachment Content-Type Size
A.Hierling.vcf text/x-vcard 341 bytes