Re:

From: John Burski <John(dot)Burski(at)911ep(dot)com>
To: amp(at)foomonkey(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2001-11-12 17:53:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Looks like you're missing the "-lpq" linker reference.

Also, don't forget to include the "/usr/include/pgsql/libpq-fe.h" file
in your source. (You know the drill ... #include <pgsql/libpq-fe.h> )

Check out the Programmer docs closely, they helped me a lot.

Best regards,

amp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a new linux system running RedHat 7.2. The Postgreqsl installation I have is the one that came with RH. I downloaded all the pdfs for Administration, Programmer, Tutorial, etc. I am trying to write a simple C program to use the database I just created. My command line looks like this:
>
> gcc -Wall -o test1 test1.c
>
> >From this, I get a long list of 'Undefined Reference' errors for any function that starts with 'PQ'.
>
> I assume I am missing a library or something. I am new to Linux programming (although I am an experienced C/C++ programmer under windows).
>
> What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrew Pierce

John Burski
I.T. Manager and Systems Administration