Re: Deleting records with text fields

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Kovács Péter <peter(dot)kovacs(at)sysdata(dot)siemens(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deleting records with text fields
Date: 2001-11-07 18:36:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Peter,

LargeObjects are s special feature of PostgreSQL, the behavior of
LargeObjects if very different from that of the regular datatypes. A
column of type 'text' will work as one would expect. There is a
difference between LargeObjects (a special datatype) and large objects
(large amounts of data in a particular column).

thanks,
--Barry