Re: LOCK TABLE oddness in PLpgSQL function called via JDBC

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Dave Harkness <daveh(at)MEconomy(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LOCK TABLE oddness in PLpgSQL function called via JDBC
Date: 2001-10-03 01:03:26
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Dave,

I don't know why you are seeing these problems with the lock table. But
the select for update should work for you. (In my product I have done
exactly the same thing you are trying to do using select for update with
success).

I would add one minor comment on your description of the behavior of
using select for update:

The select for update will block other 'select for updates' or
'updates'. It does not block other simple selects. But that is fine
for the purposes here.

thanks,
--Barry