accumulate setof ?

From: Bo Lorentsen <bl(at)netgroup(dot)dk>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: accumulate setof ?
Date: 2001-09-11 07:43:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi ...

I have tried to make a plgpsql function that accumulate a set of
integers, but I find no way of doing this in the PostgreSQL
documentation. I have made a very simple example to demonstrate my
problem :

CREATE FUNCTION fn_integer_list( INTEGER )
RETURNS SETOF INTEGER AS '
DECLARE
SETOF INTEGER res;
BEGIN
res := 1;
res := res + $1;
RETURN res;
END'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

There is really two problems here. How does one initialize a set of
integers, and how does one append a new value to the setof integers ?
This example does, of course, not work :-)

If there is a reference to some documentation I should read, I will be
happy for any hint in its direction.

/BL