Conditional operators ALL, ANY in WHERE clause

From: "Vladimir V(dot) Zolotych" <gsmith(at)eurocom(dot)od(dot)ua>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Conditional operators ALL, ANY in WHERE clause
Date: 2001-09-03 08:30:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

The following is the quote describing WHERE clause of SELECT
(pgsql/doc/html/sql-select.html).

"WHERE Clause

The optional WHERE condition has the general form:

WHERE boolean_expr

boolean_expr can consist of any expression which evaluates to a boolean value. In many cases,
this expression will be:

expr cond_op expr

or

log_op expr

where cond_op can be one of: =, <, <=, >, >= or <>, a conditional operator like ALL, ANY, IN,
LIKE, or a locally defined operator, and log_op can be one of: AND, OR, NOT. SELECT will ignore
all rows for which the WHERE condition does not return TRUE. "

Please give me hints how can I use "conditional operators ALL, ANY" in
WHERE clause.

Some examples will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Vladimir Zolotych gsmith(at)eurocom(dot)od(dot)ua