[Fwd: MySQL Benchmark page - Problem with vacuum() in PostgreSQL]

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [Fwd: MySQL Benchmark page - Problem with vacuum() in PostgreSQL]
Date: 2001-07-29 12:26:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

The "MySQL Benchmark" page on the mysql.com website has benchmarks for
various databases :

http://www.mysql.com/information/benchmarks.html

In the PostgreSQL entry they aren't able to report an "accurate" result
for all things, as they haven't been able to get vacuum to work 100%
correctly.

If someone can take a look at the description of the problem which Monty
is having (he's the lead MySQL developer) we'll be able to have accurate
benchmark for PostgreSQL on their benchmark page.

So, anyone want to lend a hand?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift