unicode regular insensitive matching 2.

From: Jan Poslusny <pajout(at)gingerall(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: unicode regular insensitive matching 2.
Date: 2001-06-29 08:55:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I used czech locales, described in attached pg_bash_profile exactly,
briefly here:
LC_ALL=cs_CZ
LC_COLLATE=cs_CZ
LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ
LC_MONETARY=cs_CZ
LC_NUMERIC=cs_CZ
LC_TIME=cs_CZ

I used unicodeSQL script for db with UNICODE charset and latin2SQL
script for db with LATIN2 charset. I hope attached scripts are
self-describing.

I don't know, what is misconfigured or badly used.

thanks for some hint

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Jan Poslusny writes:
>

>>then I initdb -E UNICODE,
>>then I createdb -E UNICODE.
>>

>>select myfield from mytable where myfield ~* 'MiXeD national-specific
>>characters' order by myfield
>>
>>is _NOT_ case insensitive and not ordered according to locales (if I
>>create another db with LATIN2 charset, all is OK)
>>

> Unicode is only a character set. Issues like sorting and letter-case are
> determined by the locale. You didn't say which locale you used or wanted
> to use, what your input was and what ordering you expected, so there's not
> a lot we can do for you.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_bash_profile text/plain 780 bytes
unicodeSQL application/octet-stream 859 bytes
latin2SQL application/octet-stream 854 bytes