C++ help

From: Michael Case <mecase(at)ucdavis(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: C++ help
Date: 2001-06-07 16:03:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am new to C++ and postgresql. I have looked at OTL
(http://www.geocities.com/skuchin/otl/home.htm) and also at libq++ and
am not sure what the answer to this question is:

What C++ interface can I use to write some software that talks via ODBC
to postgres databases?

I am running on a linux box with Redhat 6.2 (and patches).

The reason I want to use ODBC is that I'm not sure whether postgresql
will be the final resting place of the data, but I want to write some
sample code now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Michael Case