ECPG error: break statement not within loop or switch

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ECPG error: break statement not within loop or switch
Date: 2001-05-23 14:19:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have written a small application but I can't compile the code because
of an error I have never seen before:

ecpg retrieve.pgc -o file.c
gcc -g -I /usr/include/pgsql -o prog file.c -L /usr/share/pgsql -lecpg
-lpq
retrieve.pgc: In function `main':
retrieve.pgc:57: break statement not within loop or switch
make: *** [x] Fehler 1

What does it mean?
I have listed the crucial piece of code below:

EXEC SQL DECLARE mycursor CURSOR FOR mystatement;
EXEC SQL OPEN mycursor;

EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND DO BREAK;
while (1)
{
EXEC SQL FETCH IN mycursor INTO :id, :name;
flag=1;
printf("records found: %i, %s\n\n", id, name);
}

if (flag == 0)
{
printf("Insert the name of the OS: ");
scanf("%256s", inos);

EXEC SQL INSERT INTO os (id, name) VALUES (':intext',
':inos'); // THE ERROR OCCURS HERE
if (sqlca.sqlcode)
{
printf("%s\n", sqlca.sqlerrm.sqlerrmc);