Re: ODBC changes

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC changes
Date: 2001-05-02 05:18:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Tom Lane wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> > Dave Page wrote:
> >> Hiroshi, I've attached a fixed copy of win32.mak - the one in CVS seems to
> >> be full of ^M's at the end of every line which makes nmake very unhappy.
> >> Could you commit it to CVS please if you're happy with it.
>
> > Hmm there's no difference between my win32.mak and what
> > you sent to me. My win32.mak is 12222bytes big.
> > How many bytes does the one in cvs have ?
>
> Right now, src/interfaces/odbc/win32.mak in CVS *is* 12222 bytes
> and it *is* full of DOS-style newlines (try od -c if you doubt it).
> I have no idea whether that's a problem. Given that no one on a
> non-Windoze platform has any use for the file, I'd have guessed that
> DOS-style newlines are the way to go ... but if we can get rid of the
> CRs without breaking things on Windows then I'm for it ...

Seems Dave's reply hasn't appeared on the list yet.
He says "A fresh copy from CVS comes in at 12,708 bytes on my system
(and yes, I agree the one I sent is 12,222 bytes)."

I see my copy is 12,222 bytes on both linux and cygwin.
I also heard from Eiji Tokuya that he sometimes(not always)
saw corrupted win32.mak. Unfortunately I don't understand
where the cause is.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue