Re: Dates and times (and timestamps) don't behave as expected

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: bob(at)iway(dot)nl, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dates and times (and timestamps) don't behave as expected
Date: 2001-05-01 13:32:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Dates and times (and timestamps) don't behave as expected
> For the most part, I get wrong results when using timestamps
> and other date or time types and functions.

You MUST have more details here, since your vague problem description
simply cannot be attributed to PostgreSQL itself.

For the most part, a non-specific problem description such as yours
indicates a fundamental system problem which will be glaringly obvious
to even the casual observer or, less likely, a difference in
understanding how date and time should behave.

More info with examples please!!

- Thomas