Informix?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Informix?
Date: 2001-04-28 02:25:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(Haven't seen this mentioned on-list yet)

I saw a report that Informix was selling its database business to IBM
for ~US$1B. Which would have IBM owning the remnants of Illustra, which
was based on University Postgres. Confirmation of the sale is at
www.informix.com :(

On a possibly related note, I notice that back in January 2000, IBM sued
Informix over patent infringement for databases, distributed processing
and data compression.

How the world changes!

- Thomas