Diagnostic

From: webb sprague <wsprague(at)o1(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Diagnostic
Date: 2001-04-27 22:47:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to determine how many seconds a query takes, and I can't
figure it out. I seem to remember some weird, mostly undocumented query
that went like:

foo# get diagnostics select processed into <int4 variable>;
foo# show <int4 variable>;

But this doesn't work, and I think it may only work in plpgsql function
anyway.

I know how to use explain, but I want to see if postgres is correct
which query is fastest.

Does anybody know how to find this info out?

Thx