Re: BLOB Type ?

From: Ryan Ho <ryanho(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)sg>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BLOB Type ?
Date: 2001-04-22 16:49:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

I don't know much about JDBC but as far as postgres is concerned, it does
not store blobs in regular tables. Instead, you need to import the blob
into the database, obtain the OID (something like a pointer to the blob,
it's an integer), and store the OID in the regular table. Although u can
use psql to import blobs, most application's drivers should provide a
function to import the blob. For example, pg_loimport in PHP. pg_loimport
returns the OID of the blob, which is then inserted into a table.