Re: gmake install error

From: Sterling <smullett(at)omeninc(dot)com>
To: mcgee(at)student(dot)cs(dot)ucc(dot)ie
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: gmake install error
Date: 2000-12-12 23:35:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

(Newbie advice follows)

I'd make sure you have the correct version of gmake as required for the

Did you get errors in the ./configure or gmake commands just before this
There also might be a permission issue.
I did everything as root during this installation phase and didn't have
any problems. Are you using root?
You don't need to be postgres user until the /usr/local/pgsql/data -D

Just some thoughts.
I'd definately check your gmake and try it again as root, if you haven't

Hope this helps.