Re: What's this mean?

From: John Burski <John(dot)Burski(at)911ep(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What's this mean?
Date: 2000-12-12 22:57:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

I replied to Sterling's question, but sent it to him directly, instead of
posting it to the list like I intended. I'll get the hang of this stuff
yet...

I ran across the same message a couple of days ago when I upgraded to 7.0.3 at
home. The error that's being displayed is generated by the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/posgresql script. These scripts are meant to be run at boot
time. As such, they are usually started by "root". I simply "su-ed" to root
and executed the script again. Everything started OK.

Hope this helps.

--
John Burski
Chief IT Cook and Bottlewasher