Uninstall Everything.

From: Sterling <smullett(at)omeninc(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Uninstall Everything.
Date: 2000-12-07 19:35:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

H-

Thanks too all that have emailed and sent info about moving up too the
latest postgres. Unfortunately due to a lack of gray matter, or perhaps
a mild case of brain fart I'm stuck and unable to get this process
working.

What I'd like to do now is completely uninstall postgres from the system
and move from there. I'm not concerned with preserving any database
tables.

I've found many references on how to install rpm's but unfortunately
none of the rpm -e postgres stuff works on my machine.

Would it be practical to simply remove all the directories associated
with postgres (which I'm sure is a lot and where to begin finding them??
8^) or is there another 'cleaner' process to get it up cleared out of
the system?
Check out this contradiction:

[root(at)XXXX postgres]# rpm -e postgresql-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
error: package postgresql-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm is not installed
[root(at)XXXX postgres]# rpm -ivh postgresql-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
package postgresql-7.0.3-2 is already installed
[root(at)XXXX postgres]#

Help me Obi-Postgres.
You're my only hope.
Thanks.