Re: redundancy and disk i/o

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Sandeep Joshi <sjoshi(at)Zambeel(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: redundancy and disk i/o
Date: 2000-12-04 18:09:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If you're talking about replication, PostgreSQL, Inc. will be offering a
> solution to its $19,000/yr Platinum Partners shortly. It will be released
> in open source form no more than two years after its release in proprietary
> form.
> Check out http://www.erserver.com for more details, and http://www.pgsql.com
> for more details on the PostgreSQL, Inc. partnership program.

Thanks Don for the reference. As you know, there will also be a "roll
your own" replication toolset contributed by PostgreSQL Inc. under the
BSD license in the PostgreSQL contrib/ directory for the 7.1 release,
assuming that this inclusion is acceptable to the community. Given the
general interest, I hope that this won't be an issue, and that the
recent flames will have died down enough to not be a continued
distraction.

- Thomas