CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW

From: Ricardo Dias Marques <ricmarques(at)spamcop(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW
Date: 2000-11-21 18:56:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

Is CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW available in any way, in PostgreSQL 7.0.2?

I am building a PHP/PostgreSQL application, and want to CREATE a VIEW if
it doesn't existe or REPLACE it with a new one, if it already exists. I
was hoping that I didn't have to DROP the VIEW so I don't get error
messages, and also, in my case, DROPping a view, when it doesn't already
exist is causing the PHP script to halt.

Any help is appreciated.

Ricardo Dias Marques
ricmarques(at)spamcop(dot)net