Re: PostgreSQL on NT

From: Fredrick Bartlett <palmtreefrb(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on NT
Date: 2000-11-11 16:19:46
Lists: pgsql-ports

Yes that would be great. Would you also be able to provide instructions on how to
install a functional win32 PostgreSQL server. There are many DBA's, interested
users etc. who are not programmers that would benefit from a win32 version that can
be installed i.e.. "setup.exe". PostgreSQL would gain a greater audience/user base
by providing a server that can be easily installed into the win32 environment.
This would include not just PostgreSQL, but the entire cygwin/PostgreSQL solution.

With regards to win32<>Linux, I'm on both sides of the fence. If I had a "solid"
win32<>Linux PostgreSQL solution I might be more inclined to use/develop using
PostgreSQL. As it is I, cannot use PostgreSQL for my win32 clients, so I am
stuck with other Server's that provide support for win32<>Linux. This should be a
wake up call to all the propeller heads (I am one) out there working on
PostgreSQL, wiggle that hot dog in front of their noses and they will come...

Fredrick Bartlett