Subqueries in from clause

From: Pierre Habraken <Pierre(dot)Habraken(at)imag(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Subqueries in from clause
Date: 2000-11-03 17:36:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

It looks like if subqueries in from clause are not supported by
PostgreSQL. Am I right ? If yes, are there any plans to provide this
feature soon ?

I would like to use Postgres for teaching SQL as a replacement for a
well known commercial product which I find too heavy, too not open
source, too everything ! For this kind of usage I need most SQL92
features, at least for query expression.

Thanks for any information or advice about this topics.

Pierre
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:Pierre(dot)Habraken(at)imag(dot)fr
Tél: 04 76 82 72 48 - Fax: 04 76 82 72 87
IMAG-LSR BP72 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES Cedex