Re: [FYI] german postgresql docs

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Karsten Schulz <schulz(at)Linux-Systemhaus(dot)de>
Cc: Postgresql Docs ML <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [FYI] german postgresql docs
Date: 2000-09-19 12:50:37
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Christian Stasius (stasius(at)t-online(dot)de) and I are working on the
> translation of the postgresql documentation. Christian has just finished
> his work on the tutorial. We are going to translate the other
> documents now. The docs will be available online soon, the url will be
> posted here.

Great! Are you translating the sgml source docs? If so, should we
include those in the CVS tree, or can you suggest another way of keeping
track of the latest versions?

Also, there was a request from the Spanish translators to coordinate
changes in the source docs, so they can make updates to the
translations. I can generate context diffs from CVS, but if you have
other ideas please speak up.

We've recently seen complete translations in Spanish and Chinese, and
this will be a fantastic addition to the set.

- Thomas