Re: Select problem

From: NRonayette <r97m10(at)socotec(dot)fr>
To: "Karl F(dot) Larsen" <k5di(at)zianet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Select problem
Date: 2000-08-14 15:55:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Karl F. Larsen" a écrit :

> I have a simple 3 table database with armycall as the common key
> and it all works fine when I doa select like so:
>
> select user, doer
> from data, biglist
> where user.armycall = biglist.armycall;
>
> but if I want to get the column armycall and use:
>
> select user, armycall
> from data, biglist
> where user.armycall = biglist.armycall
>
> I get an error that armycall is ambiguous.
>
> Does anyone know how to correct this?

You must specify witch column you want in your select : data.armycall or
user.armycall (even if they are equal)

this give you something like this :
"
select user, data.armycall
from data, biglist
where data.armycall = biglist.armycall
"
or
"
select user, biglist.armycall
from data, biglist
where data.armycall = biglist.armycall
"

carefull, you made a mistake : "where user.armycall = biglist.armycall"
user is not a table but a column isn't it ?

--
Workers of the world, arise! You have nothing to lose but your chairs.