Re: PL/pgSQL evaluation order

From: Mark Volpe <volpe(dot)mark(at)epamail(dot)epa(dot)gov>
To: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL evaluation order
Date: 2000-08-03 21:52:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I did find a better workaround, though -

cond:=TG_OP=''INSERT'';
IF cond=FALSE THEN
cond:=NEW.ip!=OLD.ip;
END IF;
IF cond=TRUE ...

so it won't kill me. Anyway, I've been totally impressed with the 7.0 release.
I'm building the EPA IP address registration system on top of it. My favorite
feature is the support for REFERENCES (though I had to hack the code a bit to
get around a permissions problem).

Thanks,
Mark