Temp tables and functions

From: <mark(dot)dingee(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Temp tables and functions
Date: 2006-10-10 19:21:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Everyone,

I've written a function (language = sql) which uses a temporary table to simplify the process; however, when I go to load the function I get:

/var/lib/pgsql$cat thm.sql | psql test
ERROR: relation "lost_bus" does not exist

where "lost_bus" is the name of my temp table. The function is just for a report that is run monthly, so I can create a permanent table if necessary, but I'd rather not.

Thanks in advance
Mark