Re: Fix pg_upgrade to preserve datdba

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Wieck <jan(at)wi3ck(dot)info>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix pg_upgrade to preserve datdba
Date: 2021-03-21 19:29:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> ... so at least in this case it's doing the right thing. We need a bit
> more detail about the context in which it's doing the wrong thing
> for you.

Just to cross-check, I tried modifying pg_upgrade's regression test
as attached, and it still passes. (And inspection of the leftover
dump2.sql file verifies that the database ownership was correct.)
So I'm not sure what's up here.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
upgrade-test-dbownership.patch text/x-diff 1.6 KB