oid for insert

From: Choosna Makarasara <choosna(at)rajavithi(dot)go(dot)th>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: oid for insert
Date: 2000-07-14 10:39:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

I use visual FoxPro and ODBC to connect to postgreSQL. In an INSERT
command, is there anyway to return the OID of the newly inserted rows
in a single query? Especially through ODBC. If I use psql window, this
OID will be shown but cannot be passed to my program. I try to find out
in manuals and texts but fail to get a solution.
Regards,
Choosna Makarasara