Seeking Clues on compiling Postgres 7.02 with Net Cygwin 1.1.0

From: Dan Rosner <rosner(at)scn(dot)org>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seeking Clues on compiling Postgres 7.02 with Net Cygwin 1.1.0
Date: 2000-07-13 16:09:08
Lists: pgsql-ports

Good People!

Has anyone figured out how to get Postgres running
on Net Cygwin 1.1.0? I'm having trouble getting timezones
to work properly running postgres 7.0.2 on cygwin B20, so
am trying to use Kevin Lo's instructions as a guide to build
postgres on the newest version of cygwin. So far I have not
succeeded :(. Is there a patch to get timezones working properly
with postgres on cygwin B20? Can anyone confirm that the
timezone problem is fixed with the latest net cygwin 1.1?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could post their rough set of
instructions on porting Postgres to cygwin 1.1.0 on NT, or could
offer any general hints on how the port procedure differs from
Kevin Lo's instructions for doing it (since Kevin's way uses the
older Cygwin B20)? Many thanks in advance for clues to the
solution.

Dan