PostgreSQL + Solaris + Mico + Purify = ????

From: Fabrizio Sciarra <fabrizio(at)pisa(dot)intecs(dot)it>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL + Solaris + Mico + Purify = ????
Date: 2000-06-30 14:40:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi everybody...
I need a clue...Maybe someone of you has something to suggest :)
I'm developing a server with mico and postgresql in c++... The access to
postgresql
is done using libpq, not via corba...The compiler I use is gcc-2.95-2
The operating systems are Linux and Solaris 2.7.
On Solaris I'm trying to use Purify 5.1 but it founds a memory segment
error
during mico initialization and my program dumps core. Then I've get out
mico and even Xerces (an XML parser) out of the server but then purify
complains about an error in a an fstream function, like:
IPR: Invalid pointer read
This is occurring while in:
ifstream::~ifstream() [fstream.cc:110]
{
return "w";
}
=> #endif
Configuration::loadConfig(const char*) [Configuration.o]
DSControl_impl::start() [ds_sds_nocorba_impl.o]
main [ds_sds_nocorba_main.o]
_start [crt1.o]
Reading 4 bytes from 0xff1927a4 between the heap and the stack.

I've been forced to use libpq from version 6.5.3 because if I link the
7.0.2
version in then I get an error from a function inside PostgreSQL setdb
The error is always the same: the program is accessing an area between the
heap and the stack......but just migrates around corba, ifstream,
postgres.....
Well... Before I go squashing my head on the wall again, dou you have an
idea on
how to get more info on this ??????????
I know this is a bit OT here, because I don't think postgres is really
involved in this,
simply I don't know what to do with this... Could it be simply a purify
problem ????
The system seems to work fine without it....(seems......)

Thanks for your patience....
Fabrizio

--
Fabrizio Sciarra ! Tel +39 050 545 111
Intecs sistemi spa ! Fax +39 050 545 200