Re: xlog related error

From: Bellur Ashwin <bell_ashwin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xlog related error
Date: 2007-04-05 06:40:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

--- Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 4/5/07, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> > "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
> writes:
> > > A friend of mine getting following error
> >
> > > Error: xlog flush request 0/797FED50/ is not
> satisfied -- flushed only
> > > to 0/797FC1D8
> > > CONTEXT: writing block 681 of relation
> 1663/10819/16520
> >
> > Which PG version exactly? Has he had any crashes
> lately? The message
> > means that that block contains an LSN that's past
> the current end of WAL,
> > which is a pretty suspicious situation.
> >
> > The message will go away pretty soon (as soon as
> another 10K or so of
> > WAL is generated) but this looks like a symptom of
> a bug to me. Details
> > would be good.
>
> The person "Ashwin" might contact the list directly.
> If he does'nt i shall try my best to get the details
>
> regds mallah.
>

> > regards, tom lane
> >

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

I am using postgres-8.2.3, i have changed my
postgres.c file, in the function PostgresMain in the
case P of processing the command so that, whenever i
see a word say "tiger" as the first word of the
query, i will generate 10,000 inserts into a table and
execute them using exec_simple.

I will fire one query through jdbc beginning with the
same word "tiger".
Here after inserting 5600 inserts i get the above
ERROR message.
Any idea how to succesfully insert all those values.

Regards,
Ashwin

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/