Re: BIT datatype

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BIT datatype
Date: 2000-03-31 06:24:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > We missed the deadline for this release. It will be in 7.1. I've written the C
> > routines to do the internal work, but didn't know where to start with the
> > integration, so it all got delayed a bit.
> Believe it or not, this is good news for me as it reduces my work for 7.0 to
> one bug report. :-)

btw, I've just finished taking the old ecpg man page and putting it
into the ecpg-ref.sgml reference page (it had been placed in that file
but was mostly commented out).

I'm committing this right now, and if anyone who has expressed
interest in ecpg docos wants to help augment it, we probably have a
few days left to do so.

If someone is interested but does not have access to the source tree,
let me know and I can mail the files ;)

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California