Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns
Date: 2000-01-24 15:47:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As a user let me just say that I have been waiting for all the
'ALTER TABLE..' commands for a long time (changing constraints would be great
too!) and it has been mentioned many times that one should not use oids in
application code. The way I do it at the moment is to copy the table, so I
think all users are used to losing their oids when remocing a column from a
table. So while it is certainly better to keep the oids, Peter's code is a
big improvement on the current situation.

While I do understand and subscribe to the concerns about database
reliability, I would very much not like to keep my darn columns and thank
Peter for helping me get rid of them.

Adriaan