Re: [SQL] SQL Things

From: De Moudt Walter <wdemoudt(at)planetinternet(dot)be>
To: Neil Cameron <n(dot)cameron(at)blueice(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] SQL Things
Date: 2000-01-21 23:50:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Neil,
You can grant/revoke rights users have with the grant or revoke command:

> GRANT select, insert, delete, update ON table_name TO user1, user2,..

> REVOKE create FROM user1
The first example grants the rights to view and update tables to user1
and user2, while the second example tells that user1 is not allowed to
create a table. How to change the default behaviour, i don't know at
first glance.
This is basic SQL.

Hope it helps,

De Moudt Walter