Re: [INTERFACES] query java object?

From: Assaf Arkin <arkin(at)exoffice(dot)com>
To: Joe Shevland <shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>, "'Phillip Rhodes'" <rhodespc(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] query java object?
Date: 2000-01-07 00:28:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Joe,

Tomorrow we're going to release a new version of Castor that does just
that. It's being developed and tests with PostgreSQL (what else) so you
can bet it's PostgreSQL complaint.

It does Java persistence into SQL tables by mapping Java fields to SQL
columns, supports one-one and many-one relationships, inheritance,
locking, the whole enchilada.

This release only includes the ODMG API, the next release (two weeks
from now) will include the CMP API as well (EJB 1.1 compliant) plus OQL
for describing finders.

The next release will also integrate with Tyrex for JTA transaction
management, 2 phase commit, etc. I've been in contact with Peter about
adding X/A support to the next release of the PostgreSQL JDBC driver to
support distributed transactions.

I'm doing the final touches on the source code right now and will have a
release to download tomorrow.

Oh, the link: http://castor.exolab.org

arkin